Vegan Apple and Berry Crumble
Hi everyone, sorry this weeks recipe is a little late! This winter treat is perfect for a cold night and goes well with custard or ice cream. This bake marks the end of my Christmas Collection! This recipe is a different way to make crumble to how people usually do it, but i hope you like it!
Freezer Friendly?: Yes
Does It Keep?: 2-3 days in an airtight tin
- 100g Frozen Berries (type optional – I used mixed)
- 5 apples (type is optional)
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 175g Dairy-free spread
- 175g Plain Flour
- 150g Soft Light-Brown Sugar
- 25g Rolled Oats
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320 degrees F) and grease an ovenproof dish with some dairy-free butter.
2. Cut the apples into thin slices and lay flat in the prepared dish and sprinkle over the caster sugar and bake until juicy and starting to caramelise. Then take out of the oven and put to the side.
3. To make the top, rub the butter and flour together in a bowl. Keep rubbing until it forms a crumbly dough texture. If it isn’t forming, add more flour.
4. Once it is ready, add in the oats and demerara sugar.
5. Spread the topping on a tray and bake for 15 or until golden. When out of the oven leave to the side to cool.
6. When ready to serve, turn the oven up to 180°C (356 degrees F).Spread out the frozen berries on top of the apples and crumble the topping on top too and bake well for 10 minutes.
Made this Recipe?
Leave me a message in the comments to tell me how it went!