Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake!
This loaf cake is filled with the bursting flavour of orange, and it is complimented with a rich chocolate! This is the last recipe that will be released in December, as I will be celebrating with my family.
Freezer Friendly?: Yes
Does It Keep?: 2-3 days in an airtight tin
- 140ml Soy Milk
- 1 Zested Orange
- Juice of an Orange
- 75g Dairy-Free Margarine
- 3tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 137g Self-Raising Flour
- 87g Caster Sugar
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320 degrees F) and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Zest the orange into a small bowl and then juice. Add the juice to the bowl, and then add the milk and stir. Put to the side.
3. Put the margarine, golden syrup and coffee granules in a pan over medium heat. Once the margarine has melted take off the heat and leave to cool.
4. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Next add the margarine mixture and the milk mixture into the large bowl and stir.
5. Once the batter is smooth, pour it into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
Made this Recipe?
Leave me a message in the comments to tell me how it went!