Vegan Mincemeat Blondies
Hi everyone! Sorry this week’s recipe is a little late, I had a very busy weekend! These festive delights are a vegan twist on one of our family favourites! These blondies are truly more-ish, with the fruity spices from the mincemeat and the zesty orange flavour. Don’t over-bake these to ensure that gooey, soft texture in the centre.
Freezer Friendly?: Yes
Does It Keep?: 4-5 days in an airtight tin
- 1 1/2tbsp Ground Chia Seeds
- 4 1/2tbsp Water
- 125g Dairy-Free Block/ Butter
- 210g Demerara Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 165g Plain Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1tbsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of 1/2 an Orange
- 200g Vegan Mincemeat
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it has all melted and is bubbling. It should turn a deep amber colour.
2. Pour it all into a large bowl to cool. Whilst waiting for it to cool, line a 22x28cm baking tin with baking paper. Heat the oven to 190°C ( 374 degrees f).
3. Zest the orange and put it into a small container for a while. Make the egg substitute by putting the chia seeds in the water for a few minutes and stir it. Keep stirring until it has an egg – like consistency.
4. Measure the sugar into the butter mixture and combine. Then add in the chia seeds and mix again. Stir in the vanilla essence.
5. Tip in the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, orange zest and the orange juice. Begin to fold. Finally, stir in your vegan mincemeat.
6. Transfer the blondie batter into the tin and make it even. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or when a skewer comes out clean. It should be a golden brown colour.
Made this Recipe?
Leave me a message in the comments to tell me how it went!