Vegan French Toast
A delicious start to the day, perfect for brunch, or a quick breakfast for two. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at any sleepover breakfast, or a family gathering. The cinnamon in the bread a flavoursome kick, depending on how much you put in. My Vegan is a lover of cinnamon, so I put in a lot. I also used ground Chia Seeds, just to make it look less of a vegan concoction and more like a normal breakfast. This is handy for people who eat with their eyes, but is optional. You can use any type of bread you want, but we used Tiger Bread
Servings: 2 slices
Freezer Friendly?: No
Does It Keep?: Best When Fresh
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Maple/Pancake Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 60ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Put it in the fridge to activate for 10-20 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
2. Put some oil in the pan/griddle and heat it up. This means the bread should sizzle when it goes in. We cooked ares at around 177°C (350 degrees F) which is Medium Heat. Pour your batter mixture into a moderately flat bowl or a plate with higher sides than its base.
3. Slice your bread, if it isn’t already, and lie it down in the batter with one side facing up. Let the bottom side soak it in, whilst you spread some of the mixture around the top with a spoon. After 30 seconds, flip over the bread and repeat the process. If your mixture is running low or is too thick, just add some more almond milk. Repeat this process for the other slices of bread.
4. As soon as the bread is soaked all the way through put it in the pan/griddle. Cook until golden brown, or brown depending on how you like it, and then flip. When both side are cooked put on a plate whilst you cook the next one.
5. You can eat these with any toppings you want. I went with maple syrup and blueberries. I also served them with sausages.
Made This Recipe?
Leave me a message in the comments to tell me how it went!
CBD oil for sale
Hey there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and
look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!